Thursday 5 November 2009

EART TEAM BLOG RING : Preparing for holiday seasons

This week EART TEAM blog ring talks about how far ahead we prepare for holidays such as Halloween, Xmas etc.
Personally I just make items for 3 big holidays: Fall (Halloween/thanksgiving), Christmas/New Year and Easter
Based on my experiences the latest time I should have my things ready for Christmas is the middle/end of October as I started to have Xmas orders around the end of October. Things for Easter should be ready in February and for Halloween in middle of August.





Sadly, I am not always be able to do what I plan :-). Trying to think about it positively, I would say, that way I always have my things ready for those seasons the next year - I made my things almost one year ahead :-). I am also glad that most off my stuff are One-Of-A-Kind and pretty classic there is no fear for them to be "de-mode' "- out of fashion. Also I love to create things right in the middle of the festive season, when I feel in my heart that true holiday spirit - but it'll be too late for sale :-)


This year, I am getting better however. Xmas already appears in my Etsy shop. Check it out if you have the mood. I haven't listed so many as I am still catching on custom order, but I did list my favorites there and a good thing is I offered some really good deals on those items!









Want to know how other EART TEAM members plan ahead for holidays? Please continue our blog ring at A.W.E Shop Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment